Question special

Many of the experts have identified challenges in ensuring appropriate follow-up for patients treated for opioid overdose or withdrawal in the emergency room or hospital setting. Consultation of an addiction medicine specialist, when available, can help provide a bridge to outpatient follow-up. I am curious as to how many of your institutions offer a formal addiction consult service. If you have one, perhaps you could share a bit about how it is run. Does it fall under the department of medicine or psychiatry? How widely utilized is the service?