Question normal

Medicine and politics don't necessarily go well together but what do you do when you don't agree with certain policies that affect certain groups? Is there a certain path to write to your local health authority? In the UK, where I trained there has been a lot of angst about cuts to social services and this has led to many writing to their local MPs. What is done here in the US?