Q&A has ended
Moderators
    • Infectious Disease
    Infectious Disease Fellow at Tufts Medical Center
    Infectious Disease Fellow at Tufts Medical Center
    • Infectious Disease Fellow at Tufts Medical Center

Dr. Ian Fanoga Frani graduated with a nursing and a medicine degree at  University of the Philippines College of Medicine in 2007 and 2012, respectively, and recently finished his Internal Medicine Residency at University of Nevada School of Medicine. He was a previous Managing and Layout Editor of MEDICS The Official Medical Publication of the University of the Philippines College of Medicine. He is currently doing his Infectious Disease Fellowship at Tufts Medical Center - Tufts University in Boston, focusing on Antibiotic Stewardship and Transplant Infectious Disease.

• Family Medicine
    • Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
    • Integrative Medicine Consultations
    • Mindful Practice
     Family Physician, Speaker, Consultant for Physicians
     Family Physician, Speaker, Consultant for Physicians
    • Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine at Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

I have worked as a family physician in clinical medicine for over 30 years - with a focus on enhancing the body's inherent ability to heal and express health.

As a Board Certified Family Physician, I offer integrative medicine consultations and osteopathic manipulative medicine to individuals of all ages.

With attention to each individual's unique experience, I work in partnership with patients to identify and address the source of their symptoms and explore ways to ease stress and enhance vitality.  

I integrate advanced training in nutrition, mindful practice, biodynamic osteopathy and integrative medicine into my work.

Other professional endeavors:

Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine at the Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences: I teach classes on osteopathic principles and practice, and mentor medical school students and residents.

Director of Continuing Medical Education and Physician Wellness for the Idaho Osteopathic Physicians Association

Founder of Rediscovering Meaning In Our Work: I have developed a consulting and educational program with a focus on the well being of physicians and medical school students - includes workshops, retreat-like conferences, presentations, individual and organizational consultations and discussion groups.

Meaningful Work Physician to Physician Consultant

Director of The Health and Well Being Program for Flow Aquatics Swim School:  I work closely with company executives to develop and integrate a unique, cutting edge wellness program in alignment with their organizational vision.  I also offer monthly workshops and individual consultations to explore nutrition, mindful practice, yoga and other approaches to ease stress and enhance health.

Host and Facilitator for the Boise Rediscovering Meaning In Our Work physician discussion group  

Speaker at medical conferences nationwide: I contribute to medical conferences and events - exploring ways to enhance physician health and well being and facilitating interactive discussions on the science of mindful practice and the cultivation of compassion in healthcare.

Founding Member of the Ada County Medical Society's Wellness Committee: I am actively involved in several statewide initiatives focused on enhancing physician health.  Our team developed The Physician Vitality Initiative - a progressive program that offers a confidential counseling service as well as a myriad of resources to physicians.

Faculty for Wellness for Doctors: I contribute as a retreat co-teacher and professional coach.

Writer for Finding Health blog:  I write articles about evolving concepts in health care and also contribute to other medical blogs.

• Anesthesiology
    MGH anesthesia resident, AMWA leader; lover of tech; social media enthusiast; blogger @ blog.amandaxi.com
    MGH anesthesia resident, AMWA leader; lover of tech; social media enthusiast; blogger @ blog.amandaxi.com
    • Transitional Year Review Committee Member at ACGME

Amanda Xi is currently an Anesthesia Resident at Massachusetts General Hospital. She completed her Transitional Year at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. She graduated with her MD in 2015 from Oakland University William Beaumont (OUWB) School of Medicine in Rochester, MI. She was an Acceleration to Excellence Program Scholar at Bard College at Simon’s Rock and after transferring to the University of Michigan (Go Blue!), graduated with a BSE and MSE in Biomedical Engineering. While at Michigan, she was active in the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and ran the Engineering Club at a local underserved middle school. In medical school, Amanda developed a passion for social media (especially blogging: http://blog.amandaxi.com) and graphic design (http://mddet.etsy.com). Amanda previously served in numerous roles in the American Medical Women's Association (AMWA). Currently she is the Resident Division Treasurer and Program Committee Co-Director.

• Sports Medicine
     Sports & Spine physician in Charlotte, NC.  Engineer, technophile, concerned citizen.  Passionate about changing our healthcare and graduate medical education systems.
     Sports & Spine physician in Charlotte, NC.  Engineer, technophile, concerned citizen.  Passionate about changing our...
    • Physician at Carolinas Healthcare System

Julian Willoughby, MD MPH is a sports medicine physician at Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte, NC.  He helped launch the ACGME’s Back to Bedside initiative, a new program designed to empower residents and fellows to develop transformative projects to combat resident burnout by fostering meaning in their learning environments through increased meaningful engagement with their patients.

Dr. Willoughby has a Master's in Public Health, and is passionate about combating physician burnout and fostering a sustainable environment for fostering wellness among healthcare professionals.  He has spoken at national conferences, published articles, and participated in podcast discussions on physician wellness.