• Internal Medicine
    Associate Program Director Internal Medicine Residency
    Associate Program Director Internal Medicine Residency
    • Associate Program Director at BMC

Dr. Noronha was born and raised in Rochester, NY.  He attended Boston University for his undergraduate and medical school training. He stayed at Boston University for his internal medicine residency and chief residency.  After chief residency he accepted a position at Boston Medical Center as a medical educator splitting his inpatient time between primary care and inpatient ward attending.  Dr. Noronha was the director medicine consult service including being the clinic director for the Boston Medical Center Pre-procedure clinic for several years. Dr. Noronha is currently an associate program director for the Internal Medicine Residency at Boston University School of Medicine. He has served on Association for Program Directors in Internal Medicine E-Learning and Communication Committees.  Dr. Noronha is the Director for Quality Improvement Education at Boston Medical Center. He directs the quality improvement curriculum for the residency and leads the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QIPS) pathway. He also directed the ambulatory curriculum for the residency program. 

Dr. Noronha’s academic work focuses on career preparation, residency scheduling and quality improvement. He has presented several national workshops on subjects including fellowship and job preparation, trainee professionalism, ambulatory curriculum, and residency scheduling systems. Dr. Noronha acts as a mentor for medical students and residents. While he has a great appreciation for academic medicine, he believes strongly that each trainee should choose a career path that best fits with their individual values and goals.  He takes pride in seeing his mentees move on to a variety of fields and areas of practice. 

In his free time Dr. Noronha enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 young daughters. He is an amateur aquarium enthusiast, enjoys exercising, and is still an avid Buffalo Bills fan despite decades of futility.

• Anesthesiology
    Faculty Associate Dean for Community Engagement in Medical Education, Harvard Medical School
    Faculty Associate Dean for Community Engagement in Medical Education, Harvard Medical School

Dr. Nancy Oriol is a renowned anesthesiologist who served as Director of Obstetric Anesthesia at Boston’s Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center—an HMS affiliate—for 15 years. She is an acclaimed innovator whose medical breakthroughs include the “walking epidural”, a type of labor pain relief that does not interfere with the progress of labor, as well as a novel technique for analyzing fetal heart rate variability, an ingenious device for newborn resuscitation and the Family Van, a mobile health clinic that has been recreated around the world. Her educational innovations include introducing the use of mannequin simulation to the curriculum for medical students and co-creating HMSMED Science, a program that uses simulation to teach science and inspire critical thinking in high school students. Part of the HMS faculty since 1981, Dr. Nancy Oriol has served HMS students in a variety of educational and administrative roles. What inspires her students most, however, is her own passion for community service. She is a dedicated educator and the recipient of numerous HMS teaching awards, the New England Women’s Leadership Award in Health Care, the Massachusetts Medical Society Special Award for Excellence in Public Health and the Louis Sullivan Award for Contributions in the Delivery of Health Care to Black Males. 

• Pediatrics
    • Associate Dean for Students at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health

My expertise centers on Student Services and supporting students throughout the course of their medical student education. I have worked in medical student education for the past 17 years. Serving first as the Director of Pediatric Medical Student Education for 10 years, I worked very closely with third and fourth year medical students. I was the main faculty advisor for senior students applying to pediatric residencies. Mentoring students through their residency applications and advising them on program selection was a significant and highly rewarding part of my position. I also had the opportunity to work closely with the Office of Student Services various student conduct and policy issues related to student performance on the clerkship. For two years I served as the Director of Clinical Curriculum. In this role I developed an in depth knowledge of the clinical curriculum across all Departments. Through participation as an instructor in several preclinical courses, I built a strong working knowledge of the MD preclinical curriculum and the unique MSTP preclinical curricular components. I serve on the Student Promotions Committee. Through the time spent on this committee I am highly informed on medical school policies and how these are applied to individual students. My current role as the Associate Dean for Students at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health entails advising and guiding students through academic, professional or personal struggles. I play a very active role in career advising for students. Leveraging the skills and expertise of the Student Services staff, I work to help students successfully complete all components of the MD curriculum.

• Occupational Medicine
    • ,Employee Health
    • Emergency Preparedness
    • Occupational and Environmental Medicine
     Clinical Associate Professor at Stanford University Medical Center
     Clinical Associate Professor at Stanford University Medical Center

Colonel(CA) Ronit Katz M.D emigrated  from Israel in 1982 she received her medical degree magna cum laude, completed a fellowship in cancer research at Tufts-New England Medical Center, and  later was appointed a Faculty Member at  Harvard University School of Public Health. She is Board Certified in Preventive, Occupational and Environmental Medicine, and is a Fellow of the American College of Preventive Medicine. She was the recipient of Lawrence Livermore National Lab's (LLNL) “Certificate of Excellence” for outstanding performance in support of the Health Services Department and was elected as President of LLNL Women’s Association. In 2007, Dr Katz received The American Medical Association’s “Excellence in Medicine and Leadership Award”. In 2013, Dr Katz received  the prestigious " NASA Group Achievement Award" for her role in  the NASA- AMES Human Performance Centrifuge Project Team. 

She serves on many Boards and Committees for local and national professional organizations, among them Bay Area Air Quality Management,Medical Director(Act.)at Stanford University Medical Center, Judge  for the AMA Research Symposium, AMA-IMG Scientific Committee, AMA-IMG Nominating Committee, Chair of the AMA-IMG Leadership Development Committee, and Chair of the AMA-IMG Governing Council. Currently, she is  Clinical Associate Professor at Stanford University Medical Center, where she treats patients and teaches new doctors and medical students, and an Occupational& Environmental Medicine Expert for the War Related Injury and Illness Study Center (WRIISC) at the Palo Alto VA Hospital. Colonel katz continue to serve as a AMA-IMG Governing Council Member and was selected from Stanford University Medical Center to be the Stanford-OMSS Representative to the AMA.