Moderators
  • Internal medicine resident at UC Davis with a special interest in pulmonary/critical care medicine, infectious diseases, and medical education. 

• Richard Ramonell was born in Birmingham, Alabama but was raised in sunny South Florida. He did his undergraduate studies at the University of Florida before crossing enemy lines and attending Florida State University for medical school. In medical school, he met his wife on the first day and they were fortunate enough to match as a couple into Emory University (he trained in Internal Medicine, she trained in General Surgery). Following the completion of his Internal Medicine Residency, he was selected to be a Chief Medical Resident at the Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He will be starting his fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Emory University in July and hopes to pursue a career in academic medicine. 

• Pulmonary Disease
    • Fellow, Pulmonary / Critical Care Medicine at Mount Sinai School of Medicine / Elmhurst Hospital Center

I am a pulmonary / critical care fellow at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine/ Elhurst Hospital Center, NY and I strongly believe that we can all make learning a fun experience via discussions and knowledge sharing !

I was born in Kashmir, India and migrated with my parents to Delhi, where I completed high school. I satisfied my taste palate, cultural curiosity and the travel bug when I went to a state school in the southern part of India, near Banglore. My interest in staying on the East Coast got me matched at SUNY Upstate in Syracuse for Internal Medicine following which I did a year of chief residency at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, MA. The chief year was instrumental in helping me decide where my heart lay with respect to fellowship options. I am now back to the state where I feel most at home, and in the city that never sleeps: Exciting times!

Resident education and academics are what keep me going. It was part of my "wishlist" of things to do while at Lahey and we worked our hardest to make the academics as engaging and interactive as possible with a number of new features. Going forward I would love to invest my time in helping residents with their academic and life goals, including helping as best possible with career planning !

So, fire away !!!!

• I am an Internal Medicine resident at University of Nevada School of medicine at Las Vegas. I enjoy academic medicine and find fulfillment in giving back to the medical community in various ways. It is exciting to see such online global platforms enabling physicians all around the word to connect and share ideas, knowledge and experiences. I am thrilled to be a part of the global physician network and we can all together make it a fun experience!

• Internal Medicine
    Resident physician at University of Nevada School of Medicine and VA Southern Nevada Healthcare system Las Vegas.

Farhan is a Second year internal medicine resident at University of Nevada School Of Medicine Las Vegas. He is planning to pursue his career as an interventional cardiologist.

• Internal Medicine
    • Primary Care
    • Public Health
    • General Internal Medicine
    • Integrative Medicine
    • Lifestyle Medicine
    PGY-2 Medicine Resident at UF Health 
    • Resident at UF Health

Dr. Amy Sheer is a second year Internal Medicine  resident at the University of Florida, where she also attended medical school. She is originally from Long Island, New York and knew from a young age she wanted to go into a medical field. She completed a degree in Molecular Biology and Microbiology at the University of Central Florida.  Prior to medical school she completed a two year fellowship at the National Institutes of Health and a M.P.H.  at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. It is while earning her MPH her passion for primary care and lifestyle medicine was ignited. She has spent time at innovative primary care practices across the country and at the CDC involved in population based diabetes research. She is currently the first Primary Care Track IM resident at the University of Florida.  After residency she hopes to incorporate her interests in chronic disease prevention and research to make positive lifestyle changes on an individual patient level. In her spare time she enjoys participating in races, cross-training, traveling, and spending time with her fiance, David, and animal babies, Tank, Brie and Cooper.

• Devin is a fellow in the Rural Health Leadership program at Massachusetts General Hospital. He graduated with a degree in English from the College of William and Mary where he received the James Monroe Prize for Civic Leadership. Devin attended the Temple University School of Medicine where he led a student-run suboxone clinic and was awarded the Thomas M Durant Prize in Internal Medicine for exemplifying the ideal physician. During his Primary Care residency at MGH, Devin started a MICU Peer Reflection initiative and volunteered at Harvard Medical School’s Crimson Care Collaborative clinics, where he is now a preceptor. As a new Rural Health Leadership fellow at MGH, he splits his time between his primary care panel in Chelsea, MA and a shared panel at the Indian Health Service center in Rosebud, SD. His research and academic interests include the use of recovery coaches in addressing substance use disorders, and rural health curriculum development.