Moderators
    • Internal Medicine
    Associate Program Director Internal Medicine Residency
    • Associate Program Director at BMC

Dr. Noronha was born and raised in Rochester, NY.  He attended Boston University for his undergraduate and medical school training. He stayed at Boston University for his internal medicine residency and chief residency.  After chief residency he accepted a position at Boston Medical Center as a medical educator splitting his inpatient time between primary care and inpatient ward attending.  Dr. Noronha was the director medicine consult service including being the clinic director for the Boston Medical Center Pre-procedure clinic for several years. Dr. Noronha is currently an associate program director for the Internal Medicine Residency at Boston University School of Medicine. He has served on Association for Program Directors in Internal Medicine E-Learning and Communication Committees.  Dr. Noronha is the Director for Quality Improvement Education at Boston Medical Center. He directs the quality improvement curriculum for the residency and leads the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QIPS) pathway. He also directed the ambulatory curriculum for the residency program. 

Dr. Noronha’s academic work focuses on career preparation, residency scheduling and quality improvement. He has presented several national workshops on subjects including fellowship and job preparation, trainee professionalism, ambulatory curriculum, and residency scheduling systems. Dr. Noronha acts as a mentor for medical students and residents. While he has a great appreciation for academic medicine, he believes strongly that each trainee should choose a career path that best fits with their individual values and goals.  He takes pride in seeing his mentees move on to a variety of fields and areas of practice. 

In his free time Dr. Noronha enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 young daughters. He is an amateur aquarium enthusiast, enjoys exercising, and is still an avid Buffalo Bills fan despite decades of futility.

• Pulmonary Disease
    • Fellow, Pulmonary / Critical Care Medicine at Mount Sinai School of Medicine / Elmhurst Hospital Center

I am a pulmonary / critical care fellow at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine/ Elhurst Hospital Center, NY and I strongly believe that we can all make learning a fun experience via discussions and knowledge sharing !

I was born in Kashmir, India and migrated with my parents to Delhi, where I completed high school. I satisfied my taste palate, cultural curiosity and the travel bug when I went to a state school in the southern part of India, near Banglore. My interest in staying on the East Coast got me matched at SUNY Upstate in Syracuse for Internal Medicine following which I did a year of chief residency at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, MA. The chief year was instrumental in helping me decide where my heart lay with respect to fellowship options. I am now back to the state where I feel most at home, and in the city that never sleeps: Exciting times!

Resident education and academics are what keep me going. It was part of my "wishlist" of things to do while at Lahey and we worked our hardest to make the academics as engaging and interactive as possible with a number of new features. Going forward I would love to invest my time in helping residents with their academic and life goals, including helping as best possible with career planning !

So, fire away !!!!

• Medical Oncology
    Hematology/Oncology Fellow at University of North Carolina
    • Fellow at UNC Hospitals

I was born in Ireland and am currently Hematology/Oncology Fellow at University of North Carolina  Completed residency in Internal Medicine at Dartmouth Hitchcok Medical Center, NH. Graduated medical school from the University of Colorado, Denver.  Received an MBA from York University, Toronto Canada.  Prior to medical school, was vice president for product management in high tech industries.

• Neil Vasan is originally from West Virginia and attended Harvard University. He obtained his MD/PhD from the Yale University School of Medicine where he completed his dissertation research on the structural biology of intracellular trafficking using X-ray crystallography. He completed his Internal Medicine residency at Massachusetts General Hospital and short tracked into the Medical Oncology Fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. He is a research fellow in the laboratory of José Baselga where he studies mechanisms of sensitivity and resistance to targeted therapies in breast cancer. During 2016-2017 he serves as Chief Fellow in Medical Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.

• Dr. Bhinder was born in New Jersey and raised in Hudson Valley of NY. She is the eldest of 3 daughters of Ranjit and Sarbjeet Bhinder.  Growing up, Dr. Bhinder was an avid fencer and routinely went to Europe on the weekends to compete at tournaments. Her fencing career culminated in becoming an All-American Fencer and 2 time captain at Princeton University. At Princeton University obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Molecular Biology. She subsequently went to St. George’s University Medical School where she graduated Cum Laude. Dr. Bhinder was accepted to Mount Sinai St. Luke’s-Mount Sinai West which was her first choice! Here she was actively involved in research in the cardiology department. After her chief year she plans to pursue a fellowship in cardiology. She is particularly interested in cardiovascular disease in women and heart failure.