Experts
    • Gastroenterology
    • Hepatology
    Hepatologist and Clinical Investigator at Massachusetts General Hospital
    Hepatologist and Clinical Investigator at Massachusetts General Hospital
    • Physician at Division of Gastroenterology, Massachusetts General Hospital

Kathleen E Corey, MD, MPH, MMSc is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Director of the MGH Fatty Liver Clinic in the MGH Gastrointestinal Unit and Associate Program Director for Clinical and Translational Research for the MGH Department of Medicine. Dr. Corey's research focuses on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and the development of non-invasive biomarkers for the diagnosis and monitoring of NAFLD. In addition, Dr. Corey spends time at Mbarara University of Science and Technology in southwestern Uganda teaching about liver disease and endoscopy. http://mghcgh.org/stories-from-the-field/global-health-endoscopy/

• Internal Medicine
    General internist and biostatistician at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
    General internist and biostatistician at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.

Originally from Seattle, Dr. West received his M.D. and Ph.D. in Biostatistics from the University of Iowa in 1999. He completed residency and chief residency in internal medicine at Mayo Clinic, and joined the faculty in General Internal Medicine in 2004. He is currently Professor of Medicine, Medical Education, and Biostatistics at Mayo. He directs the evidence-based medicine curriculum for the medical school, and is the Associate Program Director for Resident Scholarship within the internal medicine residency program. He is also the Research Chair of General Internal Medicine. Dr. West's research has focused on medical education and physician well-being, and he is Co-Director of the Mayo Clinic Program on Physician Well-Being. Working closely with Tait Shanafelt and Lotte Dyrbye, his work documenting the epidemiology and consequences of physician distress, as well as emerging research on solutions, has been widely published in prominent journals including JAMA, Annals of Internal Medicine, and JAMA Internal Medicine.

• Infectious Disease
    • Preventive and Promotive health
    • HIV/AIDS
    Physician at Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai West, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai

Georgina Osorio, MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai West Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Internal Medicine. Dr. Osorio's research focuses on patient navigation and motivational interviewing in HIV/HCV patient population (Clinical Trials Network).

• Critical Care Medicine
    • Medical Education
    • Clinical Genomics
    • Critical Care
    Pulmonary and Critical Care attending at Stanford, ARDS researcher
    Pulmonary and Critical Care attending at Stanford, ARDS researcher

I work in the Stanford ICU and am very involved in teaching residents and fellows about critical care.  I trained in genetics and genomics, did an MPH at Harvard School of Public Health, and now use genetics and genomics to improve our understanding of ARDS. My hope is that emerging genomic techniques will enable us to better phenotype ARDS and thus develop novel therapies. 

• Internal Medicine
    Cardiac Arrhythmia Fellow, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center
    Cardiac Arrhythmia Fellow, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center

Dr. Jazayeri has a background in biomedical engineering and received his BS summa cum laude from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He subsequently earned his MD at the Medical College of Wisconsin and completed an internship and residency in internal medicine at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He currently serves as a fellow at the Cardiovascular Research Institute housed at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas under the mentorship of Dr. Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. His research interests include utilization of hand-carried ultrasound, atrial fibrillation management, left atrial appendage closure, and cardiac resynchronization therapy.

• Medical Oncology
    NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer in Medical Oncology.
    NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer in Medical Oncology.
    • Resident at Royal Brompton Hospital and Imperial College London

Dr. David James Pinato is an NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer in Medical Oncology working within the Division of Surgery and Cancer at Imperial College, London. Since graduating in Medicine with highest honors at the University of Piemonte Orientale "A. Avogadro" in Novara, Italy, David devoted his research efforts to study the role of inflammation as a molecular mechanism underlying the pathogenesis and progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma(HCC), the most frequently occurring primary liver tumor that currently ranks 5th by incidence and 3rd by mortality on a global scale. His studies, supported by international collaborations, eventually led to the qualification of novel prognostic and predictive biomarkers in HCC.

• Research Methodology
    Director of Research at Cleveland Clinic Akron General
    • Director of Research at Cleveland Clinic Akron General

I received my Master of Science degree in Immunology from the University of Akron and Doctor of Philosophy degree in PsychoNeuroImmunology from Kent State University.  I am currently the Director of Research at Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Akron OH.  Additionally, I am an Associate Professor in Internal Medicine at the Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) and a 2010 graduate of the Fellowship in Academic Medicine program at NEOMED.  I have eight years of bench/animal science research experience and 13 years of clinical research experience, and have spent the last 20 years educating medical/nursing/pharmacy students, resident and attending physicians, nurses, and pharmacotherapists on all aspects of research methodology.