Experts
    • Internal Medicine
    • Hematology and Oncology
    • Breast Cancer
    • Clinical Cancer Genetics
    Clinical Cancer Geneticist at Memorial Sloan Kettering
    Clinical Cancer Geneticist at Memorial Sloan Kettering

Dr. Robson graduated from the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia, and did his internal medicine residency and hematology oncology fellowship training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC. He is currently an attending physician in Clinical Genetics and Breast Cancer Medicine at the Memorial Hospital in New York and a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He is the Clinic Director of the Clinical Genetics Service and, in that role, he oversees the clinical operations of one of the largest cancer genetic counseling services in the world. His clinical research has concentrated on the optimal application of germline information to the management of cancer patients, particularly those with breast cancer. He has also been a lead investigator for a number of trials of PARP inhibitors in patients with BRCA mutation – associated breast cancer. His current focus is on the development of new models for the acquisition of germline information, including "mainstreaming" through test ordering by primary oncology providers and broad genomic screening in the context of somatic mutational profiling. He serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology and is an associate editor for the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. He is also the immediate past chair of the Ethics Committee of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and a member of the ASCO Cancer Prevention Committee and its Cancer Genetics subcommittee.

• Urology
    • Professor of Urology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
    I am Professor of Urology at Northwestern’s Feinberg School of Medicine and the Director of Prostate Cancer Research at the RHLCCC. I have received continuous funding from NIH and/or DOD for >30 years, including clinical CoI on a current project investigating spherical nucleic acids as immunotherapeutic agents for prostate cancer (U54CA199091). I have received formal clinical and laboratory training in tumor immunology in the Surgery Branch of the NCI and engaged in clinical and laboratory immunotherapy research at NCI, Johns Hopkins and Washington University. I also have extensive experience in laboratory and clinical studies of prostate-specific antigens. I am an author of 473 PubMed-listed papers, including 361 on prostate cancer, 75 on prostate cancer genetics, and 35 on cancer immunology. I have served as PI of the prostate SPORE at Northwestern since 2013, have been PI on the Northwestern University branch of the International Consortium for Prostate Cancer Genetics (ICPCG) for >13 years, and have an established a collaboration with Amgen- DeCODE Genetics that included the discovery of the first validated PCa risk SNP on 8q24 and subsequently >10 additional validated PCa risk SNPs. I am co-chair of the Prostate inter-SPORE Genetics Working Group that brings together prostate SPORE institutions to identify the genetic determinants of PC risk and aggressiveness that joined with the inter-SPORE Active Surveillance Working Group in a SPORE project to study genetic variants associated with aggressive disease in men enrolled in active surveillance protocols. I have a large clinical practice in prostate cancer, having performed ~7000 radical prostatectomy procedures. Our prostate SPORE includes 3 other projects investigating targeted therapy for patients with advanced prostate cancer and a pilot project led by Dr. Timothy Kuzel on immunotherapy of prostate cancer.
    • Urology
    • Assistant Professor of Urology and Population Health at NYU School of Medicine

Dr. Stacy Loeb is an Assistant Professor of Urology and Population Health at New York University (NYU), specializing in prostate cancer. Dr. Loeb completed her urology residency training at Johns Hopkins and subsequently received a Masters of Science in Comparative Effectiveness Research at NYU. She has a K07 grant from the National Cancer Institute to study active surveillance for prostate cancer. Dr. Loeb is an internationally recognized expert in prostate cancer with more than 260 peer-reviewed published articles and 8 book chapters. She is on the Editorial Board for the British Journal of Urology International, European Urology, Nature Reviews Urology, Urology Practice, Reviews in Urology, and Urology Times. Dr Loeb authored the chapter on “Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging of Prostate Cancer” for Campbell-Walsh Urology. Dr. Loeb also frequently gives international lectures on prostate cancer, and hosts the Men’s Health Show on Sirius XM 110 US/Canada satellite radio on Wednesdays from 6-8pET. She is also an active participant in social media, and has received multiple awards from the BJU International for her contributions to social media in urology. Dr. Loeb is Chair of the American Urological Association Social Media Work Group and a member of the European Association of Urology Guidelines Office Social Media Committee. She is also Chair of the Technology and Publications Committee of the Urology Care Foundation.

• Head of the Cancer Genomics and Genetics Program at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
    Professor Bowtell Head of the Cancer Genomics and Genetics Program at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and holds a Joint appointment as a Group Leader and Senior Principal Research Fellow at the Garvan Institute for Medical Research. He was Director of Research at Peter Mac for a decade from 2000-2009. Professor Bowtell has an extensive background human cancer genomics. He is Principal Investigator for the Australian Ovarian Cancer Study (AOCS), one of the largest population- based cohort studies of ovarian cancer in the world involving over 3000 women, and CASCADE, a rapid autopsy study. Professor Bowtell’s research has focused on the classification of ovarian cancer, mechanisms of primary and acquired drug resistance, and the role of BRCA1/2 and other HR pathway mutations in ovarian cancer risk and therapeutic response. His work is part of the International Cancer Genome Consortium.
    • Associate Professor of Epidemiology; Head, Cancer Epidemiology Track at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health

I am an Associate Professor of Epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Leader of Cancer Epidemiology at the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center, and a Visiting Professor at the University of Iceland. My research in cancer utilizes integrative molecular epidemiology approaches, including circulating biomarkers, inherited genetic alleles, and tumor biomarkers to study cancer risk and mortality. These projects are nested within cohorts from the US, Europe, Brazil and Australia with an emphasis in prostate cancer epidemiology. The integration of tissue biomarkers into cancer epidemiology is a relatively new area of research. I am on the Steering Committee for the Transdisciplinary Prostate Cancer Partnership (ToPCaP, www.topcapteam.org), an international, multidisciplinary effort whose objective is to integrate prostate cancer tissue biomarkers to address questions in etiology, prognosis and treatment. The projects leverages prostate cancer patients from the US and Europe, cohorts with covariate and clinical data, histopathologic and molecular pathology data, plasma and genetic biomarkers, and long-term follow-up after cancer diagnosis. The projects are undertaken in concert with the DF/HCC Prostate Cancer SPORE, for which I lead the Population Science project and an active member of the leadership team. For the past four years, I have been a faculty member for the American Association for Cancer Research Integrative Molecular Epidemiology Workshop and joined as co-director in 2016. I also co-lead the Tissue Working Group of the National Cancer Institute’s Cohort Consortium.