Lead Moderators
  • I am a rising 4th year MSTP student at Washington University in St. Louis. I am currently in the lab of Thad Stappenbeck, MD, PhD, studying how components of the autophagy pathway maintain homeostasis of the gut epithelium. I've previously had the privilege of working in both Joseph Bonventre's lab at BWH, investigating the response to injury of the renal epithelium, and in Craig Hunter's lab at Harvard investigating the role of RNA transport across the gut and between cells in C. elegans. My current project really ties together these research interests of mine, utilizing the rapidly dividing intestinal epithelium as a model to not only study IBD, but more fundamentally how a tissue maintains its integrity and structure in the face of extreme stress. I'm looking forward to running my own basic science lab one day, with the goal of  moving forward our understanding of the resilient epithelium in the context of human disease.

When I'm not in the lab, I enjoy volunteering as the IT liason for my med school class, working to improve our educational technology and our experience with EHRs.

I am also a member of the AMA-MSS COLRP, an AMA Foundation Ambassador and Region 2 rep, and the former vice chair of the Missouri State Medical Association.