Moderators
    • Obstetrics and Gynecology
    Obstetrics and Gynecology has been my passion ever since I decided to study medicine while in high school. I feel I am part of the most complete specialty as we are able to be part of all of the different stages of a woman’s life. In view of these it has been very important for me to get involved in the development of treatment guidelines, committees and discussions regarding relevant OBGYN questions and controversial topics.
    4th Year Harvard Medical Student
    4th Year Harvard Medical Student

Gricelda Gomez, referred to by most as Gigi, is completing her 4th year of medical school at Harvard Medical School (HMS). She graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a B.S. in Business Administration. She has been active member in the Latino Medical Student Association at HMS and in the Northeast Region. She served as LMSA-NE’s Co-Chair during the 2015-2016 school year. Due to the amazing mentorship she has had throughout her life, as co-chair she plans to improve and expand the relationship and mentorship opportunities with undergraduate schools and high schools in the region. Gigi took a year off after her 3rd year of medical school to complete an MPH in Health Policy. She is interested in eliminating health disparities in the US, with a focus on Latino Health. She plans to pursue a career in Urology. 

• Obstetrics and Gynecology
    M3 OUWB School of Medicine, AMWA National Student Treasurer
    M3 OUWB School of Medicine, AMWA National Student Treasurer
    Lexi Shepherd is a member of Oakland University William Beaumont (OUWB) School of Medicine Class of 2017 in Rochester, MI. She graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor with a B.S. in Microbiology and a minor in Medical Anthropology. She was recently elected as the American Medical Women's Association National Student Treasurer. Previously, she served as president of the AMWA branch at OUWB. As President, Lexi works to expand AMWA’s involvement in the local community. Among other events, she helped create “Future Female Docs Day” in which 100 high school and college female students interested in the field of medicine could learn more about medical school and medical specialties. Lexi is interested in pursing a career in women’s healthcare and medical education. She serves as the vice president of OUWB’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Interest Group. Her current research involves a medical education program regarding ovarian cancer. Lexi is also an active volunteer for the Michigan Ovarian Cancer Alliance.