Experts
    • Maternal and Fetal Medicine
    • Obstetrics and Gynecology
    Dr Ecker practices maternal-fetal-medicine (high risk ob). His clinical work involves managing complications of pregnancy and prenatal diagnosis. He helps run the fellowship in high risk obstetrics at MGH and is director of Quality and Safety for Ob/Gyn. He currently serves as Chair of the Committee on Obstetric Practice for the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
    Mark B. Woodland, MS, MD serves as the Chair of OBGYN for the Reading Health System and had been the Vice Dean of Graduate Medical Education (GME), OBGYN Residency Program Director, Associate Director of the MIGS Fellowship and Director of the Women’s Health Advocacy and Public Policy Fellowship for Drexel University College of Medicine (DUCOM)/Hahnemann University Hospital (HUH) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He also represented DUCOM on the Group on Residency Affairs (GRA) of the AAMC. He is a graduate of George Washington University School of Medicine (MD), Villanova University (MS), and Ursinus College (BS) with Honors in Philosophy and Religion. Recognized as an area leader in Women’s Health Care by Philadelphia Magazine, Dr. Woodland has been honored by the 2004 Consumer Guide of Top Docs for gynecology and has been ranked as a “Top Doctor” for the region in gynecologic surgery. He has received Patient Recognition Awards for compassion and clinical care in 2010, 2011, and 2012 from the Patient Choice Awards. He has been recognized for innovation and teaching in advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopy procedures including: hysterectomy, removal of fibroids, management of large ovarian masses, and laparoscopic approach to gynecologic concerns. Dr. Woodland maintains a private practice in gynecology in Philadelphia which emphasizes minimally invasive surgical approach to gynecology. He serves on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology as well as Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the American Journal of OBGYN, who recognized him as one of the top 5% of reviewers. He also remains active in PA ACOG as an advocate for trainees and practitioners in women’s health.
    Obstetrician Gynecologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
    Obstetrician Gynecologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
    Dr. Toni Huebscher Golen specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology with additional interests in improving the quality, value and safety of care for women during childbirth. She is particularly interested in systematic process changes for Labor and Delivery units in order to reduce the likelihood that Obstetricians will perform Cesarean deliveries. She is the Vice Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, the Director of Quality Improvement for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Director of Labor and Delivery and Post Partum and is an Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School. In addition to her clinical practice and patient safety work, Dr. Golen is also deeply involved in medical education, serving as the Course Director for Obstetrical Simulation at BIDMC, the Residency Course for Quality Improvement as well as the Obstetrics and Quality Improvement Sub-Internship at BIDMC and Harvard Medical School.
    • Internal Medicine
    • Psychiatry
    • Health information technology
    • General medicine
    • Evidence-based medicine
    • Strategy Consulting
    • Clinical Medicine, Medical Writing/Editing, MedTech Startups, Medical Devices, Aministration
    • Technology, Innovation and Education
    • Family and Community Medicine
    • Digital health
    • Neurosciences
    • MedTech
    • Virtual reality
    • Augmented reality
    • Medical Technology
    • mobile health
    • mobile apps
    Instructor in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School. Director of Digital Health, Brain Power. 
    Instructor in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School. Director of Digital Health, Brain Power. 
    • Health and Medicine Consultant at Khan Academy

Arshya Vahabzadeh M.D. is a Harvard Medical School based physician, trained in both medicine and behavioral health. He is committed to addressing the world's most pressing healthcare needs through medical innovation, in particular the challenges faced by individuals with neurodevelopmental conditions. He is a "40 under 40" healthcare innovator according to MedTechBoston. Dr. Vahabzadeh is the Director of Digital Health at Brain Power. Brain Power is a company that builds neuroscience-based software and hardware that transform current wearable computers into neuro-assistive and educational devices for autism. He is the former Chairman of the Council on Communications of the American Psychiatric Association and a consultant to Khan Academy, Neurolaunch, and Anthem. He is also a child and adolescent psychiatrist at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, and McLean Hospital. Dr. Vahabzadeh is widely published in clinical neuroscience, digital health, and medical communication. He has written numerous media editorials and leads a federally funded program to provide autism educational outreach. He has received over 20 national and international awards from organizations including the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the National Institute of Mental Health, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, the American College of Psychiatrists, the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and both the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.

CMIO of Whittier IPA, Past Chair of the Board of Trustees of the AMA, Past President of the MMS
    CMIO of Whittier IPA, Past Chair of the Board of Trustees of the AMA, Past President of the MMS
    • Founder, Former President, Chief Medical Information Officer at Whittier Independent Practice Association
    Joe Heyman, MD, is the Founder and Chief Medical Information Officer of Whittier Independent Practice Association, which consists of about 200 physicians and is starting one of the very few physician owned health information exchanges in the world. Dr. Heyman is the Past President of the Massachusetts Medical Society and the Past Chair of the American Medical Association Board of Trustees. Currently, Dr. Heyman also serves on the Asentral IRB, on the Advisory Boards of Bryan University, Digital Collaboration Solutions, and the iHealth Alliance. He is a Delegate to the AMA House of Delegates from the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. He currently serves on three work-groups for the Office of The National Coordinator of Health IT.
    • Public Health
    • Health Policy
    • Blogger
    • medical writing
    • Digital health
    • mHealth
    • healthcare information technology
    Ob/Gyn Physician, Health Tech Writer/Speaker/Advisor
    Ob/Gyn Physician, Health Tech Writer/Speaker/Advisor
    • Ob/Gyn at UMass Memorial HC
    I'm an Ob/Gyn physician at UMass Memorial Healthcare with a Master's degree in Healthcare Leadership from Brown University. My background includes scientific research, 14 years of clinical experience, and most recently, work on a thesis project on the subject of achieving interoperability of electronic health records. I'm an avid follower of scientific and technology innovations, new ventures, and startups in healthcare and enjoy writing on this subject for MedTech Boston. I'm also an advisor to an early-stage women's health startup, Confi. I'm looking to connect with others who are interested in healthcare & medical innovation.
    • Residency Program Director at Texas Tech Health Sciences Center
    Dr. Baker received her medical degree at UT Southwestern, followed by residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland Health and Hospital System in Dallas, TX. She has a combined private and academic OB/GYN practice with the University Physicians at Texas Tech Health Sciences Center in Amarillo, where she also serves as the Residency Program Director. She is interested in teen pregnancy, postpartum depression, and promoting preventive medicine for the women of the Texas Panhandle, as well as resident and student education. In addition to her roles in academic medicine and patient care, Dr. Baker is a frequent speaker at professional and community events, and contributes to scholarly publications on topics such as breast milk pharmacology.
    • President at Pregnancy Institute
    Jason H Collins MD, MSCR is an OB/GYN who has studied stillbirth for 30 years. He is President of the non-profit Pregnancy Institute. Current research focuses on Umbilical Cord Pathology as a factor in stillbirth. Dr Collins is a graduate of Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.
    • Medical Biochemical Genetics
    • Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
    • Pediatrics
    • Medical Genetics
    • Languages: Finnish (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Swedish (relatively fluent), French (basics)
    Pediatrician, Neonatal (NICU) hospitalist, Medical Biochemical Geneticist, Clinical Geneticist, Co-Director of Pediatric Integrative Medicine (PIM) Residency program, Stanford Children's Hospital & Stanford University, California, USA
    Pediatrician, Neonatal (NICU) hospitalist, Medical Biochemical Geneticist, Clinical Geneticist, Co-Director of Pediatric...
    Annakaisa Niemi, MD, PhD, is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Pediatrics, Divisions of Neonatology (primary), General Pediatrics and Medical Genetics at Stanford University. She is also a Co-Director of Pediatric Integrative Medicine (PIM) Residency program, a member of the Pediatric Integrative Medicine (IM) Core Group at Stanford Children's, and an Editor of the Metabolic Genetic chapters at PEMSoft/EBSCO. Dr. Niemi is the past Recipient of the Genzyme/ACMGF Clinical Genetics Fellowship in Biochemical Genetics Award (award period 7/2011-6/2012) and of the United Mitochondrial Diseases Foundation (UMDF) Clinical Fellowship Award (award period 8/2013-8/2014). Dr. Niemi's PhD thesis was on the role of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) in longevity and elite athletic performance. She has a special interest in Medical Biochemical Genetics, Medical Genetics, Pediatrics, Neonatology and Newborn Care, Integrative Medicine, Organ Transplants for Inborn Errors of Metabolism, and Palliative Care. Additionally, Dr. Niemi is active in blogging & writing (Facebook: Dr. AnnaKaisa, Twitter: @DrAnnakaisa). She has a special passion for creativity in science, medical education, making science & medicine understandable to everyone, children's & human rights, sustainability, and nature & outdoors.
    • Technology, Innovation and Education
    • Resident Physician at Drexel University College of Medicine/ Hahnemann University Hospital
    As an Ob/Gyn Resident Physician at Drexel University College of Medicine and Hahnemann University Hospital, I have a particular interest in innovation, technology and education.
    UAB Medical Scientist Training Program
    UAB Medical Scientist Training Program
    • Medical Student at UAB
    Emily is in her eighth year at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Scientist Training Program. She has completed her doctorate in the Department of Microbiology, where she investigated the role of microbial colonization in induction of the gut mucosal barrier in neonates. She is pursuing a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, with plans for a career in academic medicine incorporating research and service.
    Obstetrician, Mayo Clinic
    Obstetrician, Mayo Clinic
    After completing residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology, I pursued a Master’s degree in clinical and translational science as my interest in research was stimulated by participation in several projects during my training. Through the Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCaTS) at Mayo Clinic, I have established collaborative relationships within and beyond my department including working with the Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery. My clinical and research focus is on the intrapartum management of women, including labor outcomes and induction of labor research.
    Engaged in many different avenues relating to the betterment of women’s health.
    Engaged in many different avenues relating to the betterment of women’s health.
    • Joint Senior Clinical Lecturer at University of Otago and Christchurch Women's Hospital
    Joanna Gullam gained her specialty training with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in the UK, at the same time as completing her doctorate at Warwick University in myometrial physiology. In 2011 she moved to New Zealand to take up a joint clinical position with the University of Otago, Christchurch School of Medicine and the Christchurch Women’s Hospital. She works as Senior Clinical Lecturer within the University department and is the Birth Suite Lead Obstetrician. Dr Gullam has advanced training in high risk obstetrics and maternal medicine which form the core of her clinical practice. Her clinical and academic responsibilities are broad and reflect her readiness to engage in many different avenues relating to the betterment of women’s health, both locally and nationally. Dr Gullam is actively involved in clinical governance and guidelines, working within a multidisciplinary team setting to formulate protocols which are both evidence based and women centric. She works to promote patient safety locally and is part of the National SAMM (Severe Acute Maternal Morbidity) review panel funded by the Ministry of Health. She also works on multiple committees and research projects related to perinatal health within the hospital as well as nationally and internationally. Having worked in both the UK and New Zealand, she has clinical experiences of two quite different obstetric care systems. At the grass roots level she is in touch with a wide range of women’s expectations regarding birthing, and the role of midwifery, both in the context of the UK system and in New Zealand where midwives work more independently.
    • Professor Ob-Gyn at University of Puerto Rico
    I’m a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the UPR School of Medicine, certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American Academy of HIV Medicine I have experience in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and HIV related research that includes behavior interventions and clinical trials with HIV infected and at risk populations as well as pregnant and non-pregnant women. I’m currently part of the group of examiners for the American Oral Board of Ob-Gyn (ABOG) and the Residency Program Director for the UPR Ob-Gyn program. I established an infrastructure for the care of pregnant and non-pregnant women. Recently implemented a program for Group Prenatal Care for the High Risk Ob population and for the women living with HIV in 2 separate locations. I served as the Co-PI for the PR site of the Women and Infants Transmission Study (WITS), PI for the Longitudinal Women’s HIV Clinic, (sponsored by the NCRR), for the PACTG protocol 386, and for several other clinical trials including an Empowerment intervention study for women living with HIV and for women with a diagnosis of breast cancer. The transmission rate of HIV infection among the more than 500 infants born to pregnant women living with HIV during the past 12 years at our clinic has been near zero. I’m currently the PI of the UPR Clinical Trials Unit (UPR-CTU), a merge of three clinical trials units including the Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (IMPAACT), the Adult Clinical Trials Unit (ACTG) and the UPR mentoring Institute for HIV and mental health sponsored by NIMH. I have been a consultant for diverse national and international organizations including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Agency for Health Research Quality (AHRQ) and others, and a former member of the Office of Women’s Health Advisory Committee and the CDC/HRSA AIDS and STD Advisory Committee (CHAC). Some of the distinctions that I have received include: listed in the 30 people to watch by POZ Magazine; the AMSA Raising Our Voices: Women Leaders in Medicine Award and a distinction from the PR HIV Treaters association. I was awarded with the Padre Rufo Award given by the Iberoamerican Academy of Arts and Science for meritorious role in research (2009) and the Felisa Rincón de Gautier Medal given by the Foundation (Felisa Rincón) for leadership and public service in the area of health and more recently the Archibald Hopkins Medal by the PR Women’s Civic Club. I have experience both in the management of women living with HIV, in protocol design and implementation for pregnant and non-pregnant women and in prevention and vaccine studies in populations at risk for HIV. I have mentored junior investigators, and the field of health disparities continue to be a major focus of my professional interest.
    Dr. Julian N. Robinson is Chief of Obstetrics at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. His clinical practice focuses on multiple pregnancy, operative obstetrics and obstetric imaging. He is interested in Quality and Safety and leads Quality Assurance in the Obstetric department in his hospital. He is active in research in these areas. Julian trained in medicine at Guy’s Hospital Medical School, London. His initial training in Obstetrics and Gynecology was at Guy’s Hospital, London and the Churchill and John Radcliffe Hospitals in Oxford, England. He then pursued research as a fellow at the Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Oxford University. After training, Julian emigrated to America where he completed a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Eastern Virginia Medical Center and a fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston. Faculty appointments before his current position include Maternal Fetal Medicine attending posts at the New York Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University in New York and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston.
    ObGyn at UPR Hospital Dr. FedericoTrilla
    ObGyn at UPR Hospital Dr. FedericoTrilla
    • Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics & gynecology at School of Medicine, University of Puerto Rico
    The University of Puerto Rico has been my alma Mater since college years. I achieved my Bachellors degree in Biology, follow by my Doctorate in Medicine, then my residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Currently I am involved in clinical management of patients as well as medical students and residency training at the University of Puerto Rico. Since medical school, I have been interest in clinical research about disparitues and health prevention.